Optimizing your indoor air for healthier living
Solaris® indoor air quality products bring outdoor-like air freshness to your entire home while making the air healthier by removing allergens, germs, and airborne toxins in the HVAC airstream.
Bring cleaner air to your life™
Whole house solutions for the entire range of indoor air contamination
Each Solaris IAQ product focuses on a targeted segment of indoor air pollution
In a Solaris® IAQ system, the components are strategically placed inside an HVAC system, powered and monitored by the Solaris PowerModule.
For convenience and efficiency, a Solaris IAQ system is powered and monitored by a single power module that with a single connection to available power, provides proper energy to each component. It also tells you the status of any UV lamps in the system.
As the air enters the HVAC system, ions are added that react with nano-particulates “upstream” of filtration. This causes these small particles to attract and group. Placing ionization here enables the filter to capture particles many times smaller than it would otherwise.
Whole House Filtration
Filtration is fundamental to cleaning the air. Ultravation Solaris filters are hypoallergenic, high capacity, and high efficiency throughout their lifespan for practical, effective air cleaning with minimized filter changes and air flow resistance.
UV-C light is a proven disinfectant that prevents mold and bacterial growth on HVAC surfaces especially on the usually wet cooling coil. UV lights placed above or below the coil keep it clean and like new, optimizing operating costs.
PCO Air Purification
The final stage: Positioned “downstream” of the cooling coil (or in the supply air), Solaris photocatalytic (PCO) air treatment breaks down odors, toxic gases and VOCs, and kills airborne pathogens resulting in healthier, fresher and clean smelling indoor environment.
Solaris IAQ system components
While Solaris IAQ products are designed to work together in an efficient, integrated IAQ system, most can also be purchased and installed individually.
SOLARIS® PCO Air Purifier
Solaris® air purifiers eliminate air contamination beyond the reach of filtration. Contamination at this molecular scale is not captured, it’s destroyed
A Solaris photocatalytic (PCO) air purifier uniquely combines the technologies of UV light, photocatalytic oxidation and ionization to improve the air at the molecular and microscopic levels.
- Destroys household odors, VOCs, and toxic fumes from cleaning agents to paint to pool odors, pet smells and cooking.
- Germicidal UV, PCO and ionization together disinfect the HVAC air stream killing airborne bacteria, viruses, reducing the chance of colds, flu and worse.
- Unprecedented 249.7 sq inches of PCO purification power adjusts independently for structures up to up to 5000 sq ft.
- Double-bandwidth UV lamp exposes microbes to a lethal dose of UV-C light. The lamp’s intensity kills up to 99% of germs instantly while breaking down chemical fumes and allergens.
- Commercial-grade construction makes the lifetime warranty possible on the Solaris purifier. The UV lamp has a 2-year life and is warranted for the full 2-year lifespan.
Solaris® PCO Air Purifier for Component Series IAQ systems
For use in a Solaris® whole house air optimization system.
- Integrates with comprehensive IAQ system
- Powered by and monitored in central PowerModule
- Full adjustability
Solaris® PCO Air Purifier for independent installation
Self-powered for use on its own to augment existing IAQ systems.
- System status LEDs, includes lamp replacement notification
- Full adjustability
- Connections to power a remote germicidal UV lamp
SOLARIS® Micro-Particulate and Air Ionizer
Facilitates the filter capture of ultra-fine particulates and disinfects surfaces
The Solaris Ionizer makes it possible to remove microscopic particles known as nanoparticulates that pass through filtration. They are so small and light they remain suspended in air. They also pass through normal breathing defenses and into the lungs. As these nano-sized particles are drawn into the HVAC system, the positive and negative ions from the ionizer statically charge them causing large groups of them to gather. The grouped particles are then captured by filtration.
What are the sources of these fine particulates?
- Smoke, smog, ultra-fine atmospheric dust, coal soot
- Fine rubber particles from tire wear and other dust rising from roads
- Agricultural activity including fertilization
- Industrial / construction / demolition activity
- Engineered nanoparticles found in everyday items such as cosmetics, building materials—even some fabrics shed them
- Contributes to the reduction of microbes, allergens, mold spores, and some odors.
- Placed near a filter (recommended) the ions will disinfect the filter preventing pathogen and mold colonization.
- Lifetime system warranty.
The Solaris Ionizer emits positive and negative ions that cause nano-particulates to gather into large clusters which filters can then capture. The same is true for other microscopic matter including viruses and bacteria. The static charges are also germicidal.
SOLARIS® Filtration and Cabinets
Captures 99% of pollen!
Solaris brings outstanding performance to proven filter design.
- Approximately 30 square feet of pleated media in each 5-inch filter.
- Shaped-fiber media arranged in layers with progressively increasing density means huge capacity with up to a full year of useful life.
- Solaris layered media means low air flow resistance! Great for minimizing energy use while it provides very high particulate capture efficiency.
- Continuous, hypo-allergenic Ultrastrand fibers — best for those with allergies.
- Precision-manufactured in Vermont using heavy gauge U.S. sourced galvanized steel formed into rugged long-life cabinets. Finished with strong powder coat paint for added durability.
- Designed to seal tight when used with Solaris/Ultravation filters to prevent leakage around the filter.
- 10-year cabinet warranty.
Solaris filtration is highly effective yet very practical
- High efficiency is maintained over the life of the filter.
- They last up to a full year.
- Very low maintenance unlike other designs such as electronic filters that need frequent cleaning.
- They are “easy” on the HVAC blower due to their layered design (helping keep your electric bill minimized) (see ratings below).
Solaris filters are rated MERV 11 and MERV 13 (filter standards for particulate capture) yet they exceed those ratings for pressure drop (air flow resistance)
- MERV or Minimum Efficiency Reporting Value is the industry standardized performance rating system.
- Solaris achieves MERV 11 particulate capture performance with the low air resistance of a MERV 8 filter.
- Solaris achieves the higher performing MERV 13 particulate capture performance with the air resistance of a typical MERV 11 filter.
Layered air filter design collects particles—large to small—through the entire thickness of the filter, instead of simply piling debris up on the leading edge.
- Solaris 5" pleated filters start with high efficiency and maintain it evenly over the life of the filter, reducing maintenance.
- Electronic filters start with good efficiency but gradually lose it as the collectors become loaded. These filters require frequent cleaning
- Standard 1" “Furnace filters” start with low efficiency and quickly fill which actually make them very efficient but also causes a sharp rise in air flow resistance. One Solaris filter eliminates the purchase of up to 12 1" furnace filters, with far less convenience due to filter changes.
GERMICIDAL AIR TREATMENT
SOLARIS® UV Lights for HVAC
for disinfection, mold reduction and increased HVAC efficiency
Germicidal UV light is a great way to disinfect HVAC cooling coils, drain pans, blower and other wet surfaces keeping them free of mold and other bio-growth.
- The HVAC system will no longer be a major source of mold allergen.
- Clean coils maximize HVAC efficiency and save energy.
- T3™ lamp design provides 40% more UV intensity without increased power consumption.
- Lasts up to 18,000 hours, twice as long as typical UV lamps!
Solaris germicidal UV lamps installed at the HVAC cooling coil to disinfect the coil and surrounding surfaces including the blower and the condensate drain pan. One, two or more are installed depending on the HVAC system.
EFFICIENT CENTRAL POWER AND MONITORING
SOLARIS® IAQ PowerModule
The ultimate in IAQ system flexiblity and convenience!
A complete Indoor Air Quality System… One central control center!
Convenience, efficient operation, smart monitoring.
The best way to effectively keep the air in your home cleaner, fresher and healthier top-to-bottom is to use devices that specialize in the various types of contamination found in household air. Using the HVAC system to collect air to be purified and to distribute the purified air make great sense! So we design and manufacture IAQ products that excel in each category, and place them strategically in the HVAC airstream. And, to add convenience and efficiency, Solaris IAQ products integrate into a centrally powered and monitored IAQ system.
- Provides whole house indoor air quality improvement via HVAC.
- Operates completely unobtrusively and without adding noise (no devices taking up space and adding noise in one or more rooms).
- Prevents the HVAC system itself from being a generator of contamination—as they notoriously become contaminated with mold and bacteria that degrades air quality, clogs condensate drains and interfere with HVAC efficiency.
The Solaris IAQ component PowerModule is the central power and status monitor for a Solaris integrated IAQ system. It is flexible for customized effectiveness and provides a central control panel for system-wide UV lamp status.
- Versatile for connecting the right combination of IAQ components
- Readily installs in a convenient location for viewing status and access to a standard 110VAC outlet.
- Includes visual and audible alarms and reminders that indicate UV lamp operational status and to remind when replacements are required.
The Solaris® IAQ PowerModule powers and monitors these IAQ components.